Using volunteer management software can simplify the management process and allow volunteers and providers to focus on the bigger picture.
For years volunteers have dedicated their time to help organisations in all areas; youth work, teaching, befriending, sport, you get it, the list goes on!
Volunteers put in tremendous amounts of effort and passion into what they do for the community. Volunteers give up their time for a multitude of reasons like;
- Change and impact the lives of others in a positive way.
- Become part of a community with a shared goal.
- Help those less fortunate than they are.
- Provide help to a charity that once helped them.
We occasionally forget the generosity of volunteers. The number of hours they dedicate to helping others can sometimes go unnoticed. It is important for us as a community to be aware of peoples achievements. From the world-class events to small community get-togethers. all the inspiring stories can remind us of the real reasons we volunteer, and why it is so rewarding.
Why Do I Need Volunteer Management Software?
Before delving into volunteer management software benefits here are some quick facts and figures:
- The proportion of young people volunteering (16-24) have increased, with them being twice as likely to have volunteered for a charity in the last 4 weeks.
- An estimated 21 million people in the UK volunteer at least once a year, contributing around £24bn to the economy.
- Fundraising charity events have increased by 700% since 2007
- Volunteer supported events across the UK are held at over 10,000 venues.
Whilst it is fantastic to see the sector grow rapidly, the resulting demands on volunteer managers becomes greater and will require them to adapt.
Operating a modern volunteer programme manually or using spreadsheets and in-house tools often leads to time being monopolised by administrative work, rather than developing the programme. A manual system cannot support an increase in volunteer sign-ups for opportunities as the process and response become prolonged.
Volunteer managers face the challenge of creating and maintaining a digital volunteer platform and embracing the possibilities that 21 million volunteers offer. This is where a volunteer management system excels, allowing volunteer managers space and time to grow their programme and communities instead of micro-managing the process.
Volunteers want to be connected with what is happening in their community, know what their commitments are, and keep track of their achievements. Volunteers value text and email reminders of their sessions and regular updates about new opportunities. They enjoy connecting with other volunteers and want to be empowered to find and choose their own opportunities.
Volunteer managers want to be able to advertise and promote their programmes. They want to get up to date figures and KPI reports to support their programme and grant applications, communicate effectively with ever increasing numbers of volunteers. As well as, gaining real insight into the effectiveness and impact of their programme.
This is simply not possible with a manual approach. Good volunteer management software should allow the volunteer managers and volunteers access to all of the above at a reasonable cost whilst freeing up the managers to grow and improve their programme.
Why TeamKinetic Volunteer Management Software?
If you decide you do need a volunteer management system there are plenty to choose from so why choose TeamKinetic?
In a nutshell; it’s FREE, it’s powerful, it’s user-friendly, it’s trusted and it works!
The simplicity of the system enables volunteers from 9 to 90 to get on and get volunteering with little or no intervention required from the managers and coordinators. TeamKinetic comes with a variety of user-centric features including;
- Logging hours and achievements in a downloadable volunteer profile.
- Searching for opportunities, events and roles in their area or further afield.
- Direct communication channels to the opportunity providers and other volunteers on the opportunity using Chatter.
- Following favourite opportunity types and providers to get notified first when new opportunities are added.
- Daily text and weekly email reminders for sessions.
- Calendar views
- CPD and qualification uploads
TeamKinetic empowers the volunteers to choose their own opportunities and commitment level. It keeps the volunteers engaged with regular updates, HourTrade rewards and our Badge levelling system.
We have extensive administration tools for creating and managing opportunities and volunteers. Daily activity summary, TeamLeader functions, profile image and identity badge creation, KPI and custom reports, text messaging, custom registration and profile questions, GDPR compliant and so much more. There is no more need for micro-managing and you can get on with the important development of your programme instead of worrying if you have enough volunteers.
Lastly, did we mention it’s free? Or choose a low monthly cost option so you can see if a volunteer management system is for you with zero or very little financial commitment.
For further information please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our team.